There were around 50 vehicles on display and several people commented on what a variety there was to see. We heard, “there really is something for everyone here”. And there was, with vehicles ranging from a Parisian 1950s Citroen to modern performance cars to a self-built 5.3l V12 trike. A gallery of photos will be available as soon as we’ve collected them all together!
The public vote for Vehicle of the Show went to Mr Taylor with his Alvis 12/50. Dating from 1926, this car was also the oldest exhibit (pictured below).Once again, the aim of the event was to raise as much money as we could for Lutterworth Scouts. Our total count was £746.77 and the Scouts’ own stall raised around another £120. That’s absolutely amazing and we hope the Scouts will enjoy spending it.
Much of the money raised is from raffle ticket sales. The draw has taken place and all winners have been contacted. Congratulations to the winners.
- Set of Calloway golf clubs: D Green
- £100 cash: E Biggs
- Voucher for an air-con re-gas from 1st Class Tyres & Autocentre: J Reeve
- Pack of chutney, pickle and a £10 voucher from Flackies Meats: N Rounding
- Portable bluetooth speaker from J Wells & Son: E Rogers
- Free MOT voucher: E Adkins
- Ceramic camper van moneybox: R Holloway
Thank you very much to those who donated prizes for the raffle.
And, finally, thank you to everyone who came along to support the event. See you next time!